Why?

Because all experiences are valuable.

Friday, November 16, 2018

Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Song in Clara's Music Box Egg

     I haven't posted in over a year. This last year of grad school to earn my MSN and APRN certification as a PMHNP has been all I could handle. But I have finally finished, shy of a few minor details left to wrap up. I graduate Dec. 7th and I am catching up on all the holiday spirit. I know that this will be one of my best holiday seasons ever.
     Today I went to see Disney's Nutcracker. I really don't understand why the critics aren't liking it. It is lovely, the costumes are just incredible, and the incomparable Misty Copeland dances a few short ballet sequences. I have never had the chance to see Misty dance, so I was thrilled to see her. The camera work on her feet at times allowed us to the the incredible precision and artistry.
     Morgan Freeman makes a wonderful Drosselmeyer. I like to think he is a magician who ended up working for Batman at Wayne Industries labs later on, continuing his inventions. Clara is given a Faberge' egg type music box by her mother, which plays a song. Later her father says it is the first song he ever danced to with Marie, Clara's mother.  I knew I recognized the song, but could not call it to mind immediately. Google was no help at all, which is unusual. I did see that others are asking the same question that I did: what is the song in Clara's egg?
    There appear to be no answers as yet to anyone's queries. But I was sure I could find it because I knew I grew up hearing the song.  My mother loved The Nutcracker. We had a 33LP album of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite with cover art which entranced me, and I would play it and dance in the living room. It made sense to me that the song in the music box would be from the Nutcracker, so I started listening on YouTube.  I am sure I have solved the mystery.
     The music box is only played twice in the movie, so I can't be 100%. Leave me a comment if you think I am incorrect! But listen to this- and I think this is the song. It would make perfect sense...The Pas de Deux...the  Dance for Two.  A dance for two that she dances with her father.

I hope this helps clear up the mystery if it is driving you crazy. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Sylace



4 comments:

  1. Yes it is correct this is the nutcracker pas and in my opinion one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever

    ReplyDelete