Why?

Because all experiences are valuable.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky Number 100!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!
Here's a little bit of Ireland for you today...I took the above picture on St. Stephen's Green in Dublin.

This is post number 100 for me. An auspicious occasion, to be sure. Post number 99 was significant, too, as it marked the first time I used the F* word in a post. Well, the occasion called for it.

I am burning the candle at four ends recently- apparently my candle is cross shaped. But that is ok...even through the exhaustion, the anemia, the headaches and the midnighters...I am blessed to be doing what I am doing. I am blessed that the brilliant Judy Hyde said to me almost one year ago, "Tara, why don't you go to nursing school?" Genius or prophet, that Judy...take your pick. Currently, Microbiology stands as the most intense class I have ever taken. I will keep you posted though. I expect that to change. (Pathophysiology this summer...)

here is some more Ireland for you...

a good day to intersperse these lovely pictures, eh?
So, I decided to sponsor Reid's drumline's new snare drums by buying space on the back of the show shirts and putting my blog name. I guess I have opened myself up to judgment, but this blog has always been about my journey to be the most authentic version of myself I can be. So take me as I am, or don't. That sounds somewhat negative, and it is not meant that way. I know how to lighten the mood! More Ireland!!


Technically, this is only Dublin. Next time I go, I will bring you a new version. Let's all go, shall we??

Lately, I have been doing posts that reflect my relationships with some very beloved people. Di and Ike should be due for a revisit to their awesomeness again soon...Kristin continues to impress me with her incredible drive and happy nature...my dearest, dearest friend Sherry is like a beacon of everything that is truly good in this world...Eva, you are a blessing and part of my heart for all eternity...Ali, you are as uniquely beautiful as one person can be...

Thank you Dr. Bauck, for killing me with work in areas I will use forever and for your hilarious personal style; Dr. Roberson, thank you for challenging me to know more and think broader, better, and be my absolute best self; Dr. Gill, thank you for being a shining example of practicing what you teach; and Dr. Mace, thank you for being an entertainer as well as an instructor. Dr. Greene, thank you for always being so happy to see me, and continuing to give me a hard time because you like me so much (don't deny it!).



For some annoying reason I can't get the text to wrap the pictures today. Oh well. Who cares.

Thank you to every person who has ever stopped me and said, "Hey, I read your blog on facebook..."
It always surprises me to see who actually reads this thing. Thank you to Tracy...I hope you are feeling better lately.

I am different than when I started this. No, not 15 minutes ago! Hahaahaha. I write about public restroom experiences, and bizarre things I think. I haven't had enough strange experiences lately...I will endeavour to seek some out soon. I'm having lunch or dinner with Andrew Green next week...maybe he can provide some strangeness. Hear that, Andrew? Do you want to check out any local public restrooms with me? ( I can hear Drew saying Ewwwww from 30 miles away). 

Most of all on this St. Patrick's Day, I want to send my love to my own piece of Ireland, MJL. Who henceforth will be referred to in this blog as...MJL. Hahahaha, more Tara Sylace humor...both of which names he tells me I mispronounce. (Seriously? LOL).

Michealangelo
you make being you an art, the kind
that I want to stop and stare at to see what
I see this time, that I did not see the last, and cannot
wait for the next, for this is the way of an angel
caught in faint light, blink and look harder, did I
really just see what I thought was there,
no one would believe this if I even
tried to tell them, so I can only scribble down
words to describe what must be felt, and
nothing more, nothing at all is even required of
either of us than to sit still, changing laughter alternately
with a kiss, and let God work.

TSD for MJL  St. Patrick’s Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment