Why?

Because all experiences are valuable.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kinda Sweet, Kinda Scary!

I have spent the last few hours having so much fun!!! First Guy and Reid and I went to see the movie "Easy A."

As far as I could tell, the reviews have been positive. Reid, Guy and I all give the movie two thumbs up each.
For 80's teen movies fan, it is especially good, even using a few scenes from some of the biggies like Say Anything and Pretty in Pink. Guy says Emma Stone is insanely hot. We laughed a lot. And it's even smart and literate.

Oh, that sparks a confession. I have watched the first two episodes of the new show Wildcats. About the college cheerleading squad supposedly set in Memphis. Stars the same girl that was in this movie as the best friend...Ali Michalka. Did I get that right? Too lazy to look it up.

After that I spent a couple of hours making these!!!


There are four of us that share opposite sides of a lab table in chemistry. Me and my lab partner, Stephanie, and then Abby and Melissa. The first lab, our professor suggested it might be a good idea to have aprons. Last week he kicked out half the class for not heeding his instructions to have completely closed shoes and long pants. I thought it would be fun to make sure we were well prepared for this week, when we will boil a lot of stuff to sublimate, and evaporate, and condense it again, etc etc. Here's a closeup of mine;



I had to learn a completely new method of using my Microsoft Word. I never knew it had a function called WordArt. Combined with rhinestone crossbone cupcakes, and Hanes iron on transfer paper I printed at home, I created these. Tomorrow I will give more specific instructions about how to mirror the print so you can iron it on. I had to do some investigating to figure it out. But the Hanes transfer paper was a dream to use. Worked exactly like it said. I can't wait to crack my professor up with these. I took morale boosting cookies to the class before exam on Friday... well, no one can say I don't make life interesting! Hahahahahaha

I'll let you know how I did on the test as soon as I find out. Have an awesome Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the apron. Such a great idea and they came out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete